Do you want to check out what we have been up to? While the blog has been a bit quite of late, there's still plenty that's been happening here at Abdallah House.
Come on down for a tour on Permaculture Day, Sunday May 1st at 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00. The cost is $5, under 16 is free. Price includes a Permaculture Calendar (still 8 months left!), that was produced by your host, owner builder Richard Telford.
Abdallah House, an urban rebuild and permaculture demonstration site on 580m2 (1/7th of an acre) in the rural township of Seymour, central Victoria. The build began in 2009 and completed in 2010. The house was a finalist in the 2012 HIA GreenSmart awards.
UPDATE: Peter Lockyer, the builder / architect that I worked with on the project will be joining us once again!
- passive solar design, with raised living room slab
- reuse of original building and 2nd hand materials
- integrated cellar / tank stand / cool cupboard
- low energy consumption home (around 3kw/h per day)
- 1.5kw solar array
- rainwater capture in tanks and earthworks
- chooks and small netted espaliered orchard
- fossil-fuel free heating and hot water system
- use of large Red Gum which was milled on-site
- greenhouse with experimental aquaponics
- vegetable gardens and multi-grafted fruit trees
- composting system
Permaculture Books Available
A range of PERMACULTURE BOOKs will be available for sale at 10-25% off RRP. A full list of titles can be found on the Permaculture Principles shop page. If you are interested in a bulk purchase let us know in advance so we can bring stock from our warehouse.
For enquiries phone Richard on 0402 503 763